Ive run both of these cams in totally different motors, i know of many builds using both as well but as far as preference between the two im unsure which would be optimal as i have both. My motor and trans went so the motor from my 72 is being donated, basically vortec bottom end, shaved 882's(not keeping as compression isnt ideal) lt1 cam, dual plane, ls9 springs. as for the motor i have currently is uses a summit 421/444 cam, nothing special but has done me very well, my tbi heads are redone and heavily reworked but once again nothing special and still tbi heads, performer intake which i could care less about roller tip rockers and tbi mods. Id like to know peoples preferences between the 421/444 cam and an lt1 cam, specs are close and ive liked both in the past, just a little more insight would be nice.

Ideally id like to get rid of the 193 heads altogether and go with vortecs or i can try to snatch a set of worked 083s and a carb intake, just depends on budget. trans is being redone at the same time, full rebuild slight stall converter, servos and transgo hd-2 kit and .5 boost valve as of right now. its my daily, ive been getting decent mileage (13 if i stay out of it) for a lifted truck.

Any help is appreciated, my post might be a bit confusing my heads in multiple places right now so i apologize and thank you all in advance.