As part of my Engine swap on my 1984 Pontiac Fiero, I am switching the ECU to a slightly newer 1227747 model so I can have better support when trying to tune it. I've also got a new wiring harness to go with it. Just started looking things over this weekend and a few things have me puzzeled.

1. The new harness has only 1 single wire with no connector on it for the VSS. Am I correct in my thinking that this harness does NOT get it's signal from the sensor in the transmission, but instead it comes out of the speed-o ??? If so, can I connect this wire to the one which fed the stock Fiero computer? In other words, is signal feeding the stock computer in the right format, voltage, etc, to be read by the 1227747 or does it need to be converted in some way?

2. On my new harness it has a connector which will accept 4 small pins from the ICM at the Distributor. The Fiero ICM uses large lugs, not small pins. Can anyone recommend a connector/adapter to go from the big lugs to the small pins? I'm sure I could solder and heat shrink somehting up myself, but I would prefer a cleaner look, and plug and play will save me some time.

Thanks.