I thought I would post this just because this is what it seems like I deal with on a daily basis.....late model neon came into the shop the other day from a local body shop ,I got it in this morning and have spent all day until now on it. In this series of events I found out that 1 it is a rebuilt salvage car 2hackkkkkkkkkk job and 3 you just cant repair stupid...
the whole wiring harness under the core support look like it was attacked by a alligator.This car came in not shifting and no speedo so lucky me got the job.So I spent 6 hours fixing the harness tying it up and checking everything to realize I still had 1 wire at the tcm that had no power that should have.Hmmm so I traced it back to the ign switch pulled off the column covers and hello mr past time has been here before and more hacking lol......just wanted to rant this somewhere ,why cant some people leave well enough alone sometimes.. I just thought it was funny because this was just supposed to be a speed sensor when it came in,I wonder if that shop is gonna have a stroke when they get this 600 dollar bill lol