Hey! Like a lot of members here, I am about to dive into a project I don't really understand and don't want to make a ton of stupid mistakes right off the bat. I have bone-stock '89 K2500 wth a very fresh 700R4 (like 5 or 8K)and a VERY tired L05. My kid went and wrecked my wife's '99 Suburban with a recently rebuilt L31 (less than 50K) and I am planning to put that Vortec 5.7 in the '89. But..... computers!

I am pretty sure that I want to put a GMPP 12496821 TBI intake on the Vortec and try convince the '89 computer to play nice with it somehow. I'm here to try to figure out what to do with that part of it.

I assume that if I leave all the emissions stuff in there, and find a way to plumb exhaust to the EGR on the GMPP intake from the headers I want to put on that the computer won't care much or require reprogramming? I don't know.

I live in an area with no emissions regulations or inspections, so I guess I can delete the EGR and catalytic converters and sensors and stuff I want to and no one will tell me no, but the computer system will, I am sure, freak out (that's the technical term, right?). I hope to figure this out ahead of time so I don't get this installed and have it not run. Cheers!