Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I'm not pissed off, I am busy person. I hold down a full time job, and operate a small EFi business. I enjoy helping others, but my employer / customers are a higher priority. I've considered upgrading my 93 K1500 to a 5.3 LS engine, mostly to increase my custom LSx wiring harness business.

For budget reasons, I would use the 2002 Express Van Vortec '0411 system on a SBC. I would avoid Drive by Wire. Everything for OBD2 tuning is expensive!

Troubleshooting is not easy. Troubleshooting over a keyboard can be very challenging! I don't like seeing someone waste time and money when troubleshooting. With an engine that is 100% original and 100% completely stock, troubleshooting strictly by the technical book is helpful. When an engine is not 100% original and not 100% stock, the individual doing the troubleshooting will usually require more troubleshooting experience than the technical book typically offer. Myself and other members here at gearhead-efi.com often share troubleshooting experience to other members.

It seems to me, you have more than one thing not 100% correct. I would focus on one problem at a time. I would configure the ESC (Knock System) to 100% factory stock wiring and parts. Usually having things configured like it was when it left the factory is a good plan.

dave w
Not sure why the negative comments about Drive By Wire. Understand need for compatible components configurations. Been in Aerospace Electronics for 38+ years.b As long as the software is robust, it should be safe. Need to invest in Megasquirt stimulator and make generic interface for testing OBDI, OBDII and others. Then be able to characterize the different PCMs and gain in depth knowledge about their operations and how to manipulate the binaries to attain desired results. Really like Electromotive PCMs at they are straight forward but lack trans control which is needed. Please advise. Thanks.