Hello everyone,

This is my first home brew project so have mercy on me,

I have a wonderful iron puke from 1988, its in a Pontiac Fiero, and I am also young and poor (hence why i own a fiero). I know about its performance issues, the block is weak, main bolts yada yada yada, and its lack of after market. I AM aware. The engine currently runs on an ECU#: 1227748

Anyways, I'm poor so I'm using what i have to create a MPFI set up. I built a manifold from scratch (its tight and leakless)
I'm using a computer from a 95 Impala LT1, ECU#: 16188051.

On this engine block there is a DIS system.
There are 2 connectors, a two pin and a 6 pin.
a.) The two pin has
-positive
-Ground

b.) The 6 pin has:
1.)According to the Michel Manual's diagram
-EST
-Bypass
-Return
-Igntion Reference High
-Ground
-Tach

2.)According to an online diagram i found
-Ground
-Reference
-Bypass
-EST
-6X
-Tach

So "6X" must be the "bypass" wire. This is where a 5 volt source is applied to the module to switch timing from the module to the computer correct?

From the computer I will be using there is:
-Low resolution signal
-Distributor reference Low
-Ignition control
-High Resolution signal

I have read that the low res signal is a 4 pulse/crank signal, the high res is a 360 pulse/crank. But doesn't that leave redundancy for the reference signal?
How do i hook up the wires to be compatible with the computer?
Is it possible to change the firing order in the computer?
I also read about a guy soldering the terminals inside the module to bypass the "igniters", what this means i haven't the foggy-est but is it possible to alter the module to make it compatible with the computer?

The firing order for the iron duke is 1-4 and 2-3, a 2 event engine. The Lt1 is 1-8, 4-3, 6-5, 7-2, which i believe is a 4 event engine. So because of this i hooked up the injectors as cylinders (iron duke#-LT1#) 1-1, 4-8, 2-6, 3-5.

Last questions, will the VATS system effect me getting the engine to run, or does it cut out after it starts? can I program out the VATS system?
Do i need to apply 12 volts to the "fuel enable signal" at the computer, or is this an outgoing signal?

Any help at all will be appreciated,
Aaron Newbill