Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I'm looking at three options:
1. What's currently there. Small Cap HEI with 8 pin ignition module. Seems maybe this setup was for Marine applications?
2. What's supposed to be there. Coil on plug with a 24x crank position sensor. Maybe MEFI 4b?
3. What I can do instead. Use the original Black Box PCM (4x) or maybe upgrade to the '0411 PCM (24x).

I'm going to remove the crank position sensor and use a borescope to see what crank trigger is actually there.

dave w
I just talked to my marine guy and says that only the Marine engines use the CKP sensor, he also says that MEFI 1-5 uses the CKP sensor in marine apps.

What was throwing me off was the Ramjet 502 letters on the ECM itself. Is that an Arizona Speed and Marine website listed on the PCM? I cant read all of it.

From all the guys that have done 257kb blackbox PCM to 0411 PCM retrofits, I would have to suggest the 0411 swap with the L21 reluctor.

Yo u should be able to tell which reluctor is there from the CKP sensor, the 4x are a single wheel reading sensor while the 24x ues a double wheel reading sensor which is over $100. The 4zx sensor is about 1/2 that price. There are EFIConnection reluctors that allow you to run the less expensive 4x sensor.

Of course if you have the ability to recalibrate the MEFI without paying the $250, that's an option also.

peace
Hog