I have a near mint 93 Suburban and it's time for a engine, I hear a rob knock on startup. My Suburban is a driver, I use it around town and we take it on road trips. Very seldom tow any more than a small trailer with a load of lumber or a lawnmower. When I get my wood boat I am restoring I will be towing it on short trips to the lake. looking at around 2,500 lbs boat and trailer

Looking at the costs I had decided on a replacement Vortec Crate motor running it with the TBI, short tube headers, better intake and MAYBE a cam swap? Looking for more low end to mid-range power.

I have been reading on LS swaps and have been seriously considering one. I understand the extra work that installing an LS would take, the extra work is not lost on me. I know an LS is a 'better' more advanced engine. But when it comes down to the practical, drivablity of a 300-325 hp engine am I really gaining enough to make it worth the extra work and expense? I had pretty much decided to go that way but having serious second thoughts. Just looking for some input.