Hello everyone,
I'm having a few issues when i load anything into my apu1.
Im using the moates APU1 with the g1 adapter with a zif socket. 1993 chevy c1500 4.3l with a 4l60e and 3.42 gears.
I've tried using several different bins from this site ($0D, $E6, etc), and xdf from this site and tunerpros. I've even tried using the read and write function to pull the stock bin from my memcal chip and write it onto a 27sf* chip. The issue being, whenever i load anything into the APU1 and start the vehicle; it starts but runs horribly, high idle, and a strange surge/drop every 20-30 seconds where it sounds like it trys to die but doesn't, Truck runs fine with just stock chip inserted, no g1 adapter. But with the adapter and stock chip installed, the issue ensued. I've gone over the how to guides at least 10 times, uninstalled and reinstalled tunerpro made sure all drivers are downloaded etc. Even switched from a macbook to a windows laptop and still the same. Hardware is detected, usb is found, comport setting are correct, tried switching baud rates on apu1, checked 100x for proper adapter installation.. Been at this for a few months now and have scoured this site and every other for an answer and can't find one. Not sure what im doing wrong.
If anyone could help it would be tremendously appreciated!
I can post any info needed, i have a few short data logs of both stock operation and with new bins.