Quote Originally Posted by mecanicus View Post
@ rang-a-stang
hi, could you publish your new SA table?
mecanicus
Oh man, I have not logged in in a few months. For sure. I am at work right now but when I get home, I will post up my new table.
Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
One of the best " makes sense " explanation I have seen for spark tuning.
Concur
Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
I have a thought about this...

Have you verified timing to be correct? That what is being commanded is what is actually happening referencing crank angle, at RPM, I know without a dyno under load will be impossible to verify, but you can at least rev it in park and make sure that the actual timing follows commanded. I have seen a number of times where looking at commanded you'd think that the timing is far too advanced, but actual timing was not correct. There's a bunch of reasons for this, but starting with verifying correct timing is the place to start.
I have verified it a couple times. I had to rebuild my engine AGAIN and while it was apart, I verified the timing marks match the crank. Then when it was running, I pulled the timing plug and verified the dizzy was at 0. Plugged the timing plug back in, reset the computer, logged in my laptop and watched my timing bounce around, generally, where Tuner Pro said it should be.

Also of note, I had a rotor a few years back, that was manufactured incorrectly which made the phasing about 10 degrees off! Whenever my computer would command max timing, the spark would jump to the wrong distributor post and it would backfire like mad! SUUUUpper frustrating to find.