Thread: Corvette CCM Reverse Engineering Anyone?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cool, I was somewhat worried about sending it to you for fear you might smash it with a hammer after all the difficulty they've caused you. :-)

I've learned a little about the vats / passkey validation. Evidently the status is stored in eeprom. Either that or there's tank circuit that keeps ram powered up, but there aren't any big caps on this thing so I'm leaning towards eeprom.

Whenever a vats validation fails the code enforces a 2:30 "penalty period". Any vats attempts during this period will fail even with the correct resistor, as well as resetting the penalty period. If power is removed from the unswitched battery input before the timer expires there will be a 2:30 penalty period after power is restored. There's no apparent special sequence of events - as long as the correct resistor is present when the two ign circuits go high vats is de-activated presumably for the current run cycle.

I have noticed however that the unit doesn't go to sleep after the normal 20 seconds unless it sees the key-in circuit go open in addition to a door ajar circuit.

I'm done messing with it for now so I'll get it headed your way in the next day or so. It's programmed for a #11 key, and I'll send a 4.7k resistor soldered onto some pins so you can test with / without vats active. I also hooked up my 8051 PCM on the test bench to verify that comms work. It also still has junk scribbled in the unused FF bytes of the eeprom, and the c68 bit is on. Feel free to erase the unused stuff and modify whatever's in the .xdf.

I've wired a jumper from the chime 1 output on pin c14 to the reman pin. Even though I asked for 'radio silence' on this, I was somewhat hoping someone would figure it out. Edit: Sorry NomakeWan, I missed your response. Thanks - I hope the chime box inputs are 5v ttl, but even if not, all the outputs are protected so I don't think any circuitry can get "hurt". Anyway, this makes these easily un-lockable by simply turning this pin on from the aldl. It would be a shame if a picture of this board leaked out... :-O