I have fully recovered from the methanol in my eyes. Its definately not something I ever want to do again.
I have had my share of stuff in my eyes, from gas to carb cleaner and other bits of dirt and dust. Only had to go one time to the hospital and get a peice of grit taken out. I was using a kinda sanding/buffing wheel on my dremel tool and was wearing saftey glasses. But somehow a peice of grit flew up under my glasses and lodged in my eye.

Also a few weeks ago I went to a guys house to look at his lawn mower. He had been fooling around with himself and had taken the fuel line loose from the fuel pump, among other things. Said it wouldnt start, I didnt notice the fuel line was off. So I get my spark tester, pull the plug wire, hook it on and turn the key to see if it was getting any spark. I turned the key about 2 seconds and see its getting spark, and as soon as I let off the key, balmmo, the engine fires right up and sets there purring like a kitten at fast idle. I then see the large stream of gas getting pumed out of the pump all over the side of the engine. I turn the key off real quick, but guess what, it doesnt shut offf!! First reaction, pull the spark plug wire off, as soon as I grab my spark tester and pull it off, it of course sparks and whoosh, a sudden fireball engulfs the mower, and its still running!! and pumping fuel!!! I quickly run to the other side and pull the other spark plug wire off and we try and smother it with a tarp. That didnt work. So I high tail it to my jeep and grab my fire extenguisher.
If I hadnt have had that, it would have burnt the mower, AND his entire barn to the ground!