I think I have pretty much decided to use the 7727 with my jeep 4.0 ecm conversion. Its underhood weatherproof (like the stock jeep ecm) is a factory mpfi ecm, its obd1, tuneable, and I can use tunerpro and my autoprom with it.

I think I have decided to run $8D instead of $A1, 8D is set up for a distributor, and for now I am gonna just use that, I may one day in the future convert to DIS, but not anytime soon. Gonna see how the swap goes first.
I was looking through the few diffrent xdf's I have found and have not really been all that impressed with them. I thought the 7727/7730 and 8D was really popular? but it seems not as much work has been done to the xdf as others. Everything is just all mixed up, instead of being grouped together in diffrent sections and labeled like in the 0E xdf I use for my 7427. Also all the "flags/switchs" make no sense, it seems none are labeled to what actually does what. Also hardly and parameter comments. I have tried a few diffrent ones gotten from here, moates, tunerpro. Seems some have items others dont, some seem a little better than others, but none all that great.
So does anyone have a better 8D xdf? I guess I have gotten used to (or mabey I should say "spoiled") by the 0E xdf I have been using with my 7427 made by 93v8s10. But I even remember back when I had my 7747 and having a better xdf for it. So why no really good ones?