Thread: Looking for more power and mpg on my 02 vette

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for more power and mpg on my 02 vette

I've been trying to correct a tune done to my 02 Vette because last year I did a number of mods to my car which are...
    • Brian Tooley BTR Stage 2 Cam 227/238 .620"/.605" 113.5LSA
    • Ported and polished 241 heads.
    • Long tube headers with cats.
    • Vararam VR-B2 intake
    • ProTorque 3200 torque converter

Last year I took my car to Chuck of Corvettes of Westchester to tune my Vette after I had spent all last year putting this together. Sat there for 3 months and finally got it back and paid $1k for the tune. During those 3 months my trans had failed on him, so I put in a new to me trans and a Torque Converter from someone at Corvetteforum.com. Drove it upstate NY and found that I was consuming 4x more gas than before while my trans was reaching 250F when I drove bellow 60 Mph. I'm aware I need a trans cooler.

tabbruzz who sold me the Torque Converter was kind enough to see what kind of tune was done to my car to find that Chuck had turned off a number of safety features in the trans, along with disabling total lock up on the torque converter. Pulse_GTO from LS1Tech was kind enough to turn back on those safety features as well as total lockup and close loop. Don't want another dead trans even though this was rebuilt in the past.

What I wanna do now is pick at peoples brains. I have TurnPro RT working and I'm now able to flash my Vettes ECU. I want to mimic what legitstreetcars did where he got better performance while also getting good gas mileage. If I'm doing 65 Mph on the highway I'm not exactly racing the car so why not lean it out? I know the car runs rich because putting in trans fluid in the rear would burn my eyes just from the exhaust. Trying to see if I can adjust it more correctly. tabbruzz noted that while we drove around and he was logging my tune, it was running rich. He has HPTuners. I wanted to know if the air fuel ratio is setup correctly and what tables are responsible for adjusting open loop and closed loop. Also if anyone here has a similar setup to mine that I could look at their tune as a reference? I'm think I gotta drive my car around and create my own log with TunerPro RT? Any help would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/keGz_1BwcdQ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 09-26-2022 at 05:04 PM.