Hey all,

Ive been a member of many different forums for different interests. I normally try to contribute before asking for help but Im about at my wits end. Short story....

Picked up a 94 full size blazer about 6 years ago. Not a mechanic and admittedly horrible at maintenance. Blew the engine. My mindset at the time= engine blows, get a new vehicle. Had no sentimental attachment or investment. My friend who is a motorcycle mechanic says "no way. we can have a new engine in there in a weekend". Sound familiar? So that takes about a year to put in another SBC350. Also had transmission problems. Bought a tranny rebuild kit and was about to have it rebuilt. At the same time I was gifted a 99 Silverado that had a broken frame but supposedly good tranny and LS. You guessed it. Buddy says" why rebuild that tranny when you have a perfectly good LS and tranny here?" So another year goes by. My mechanic skills have gone from beginner to novice but engine internals are a mystery to me. I am a tech by trade so I figure " how hard can ecm programming be?" Stop laughing, Im telling a story here!.

So I get it running (not well) and then things get worse. I cant even get anyone to look at it because I dont even have a good baseline. Sure that I screwed up the tuning. So $1000 later I buy ANOTHER Silverado. This one was a farm truck but purrs. As I stand now, I have the engine and tranny in, pcm and harness from same donor vechicle. Engine starts, sounds great for about 2 seconds then stutters and dies. I am using TunerPro RT and all I wanted to do was remove VATS. But I cannot find an .xdf for my .bin. I have tried other .bins (where Im at now with my problem) but I dont have the knowledge to adjust things to make the found bin match my truck. What can I do? I don't expect someone to write an xdf for me but I dont know my options. I have my trucks original bin copied and all I want is vats removed. For instance, my bin with any xdf I can find has a value of 74 instead of 1 or 2. I cant just turn that 74 into a 0, can I. I can attach bin if that helps. Thank you in advance.

Bounce