I grabbed a GM1 adapter from BoostedNW the other week expecting a 10-day lead time, but instead it shipped that same weekend and arrived that week. I had an Ostrich 2.0 that had been laying around my lab for years unused, so I slapped it all together and used it to correct a lean stumble on my '90 due to the previous owner installing the wrong injectors (not entirely his fault; a certain company I won't name recommends the incorrect injector for this application). I've got a few 27C256 chips laying around from working on a Skyline GT-R, so one of those is what's going into the adapter now.

Only two complaints with the GM1, though as I have never had a Moates G1 I can't say whether those same problems exist there or if it's unique to the GM1. First, the width of the ECM side connector is slightly too narrow for the retention clips on the ECM to engage properly. This results in it being impossible to push the GM1 into place unless you have moved both retention clips to almost their "engaged and locked" position before pushing down. As long as you know that beforehand it's not a big deal, but widening the connector just a little bit would allow the retention clip hooks to engage properly so that they would snap into place without jamming up.

Second, the cutout in the PCB intended to clear the center protrusion on the factory MEMCAL is ever so slightly not deep enough. This causes the factory MEMCAL to sit slightly crooked on the adapter, though the pins do all fully engage. I figure I can just file it down a bit to get it flush.

Apologies for the vague language. Assuming the weather holds I'm going to be doing more work on the car today, so I'll pull the adapter and take some measurements to see exactly what changes are necessary.

But like I said, first try the adapter did what it needed to do, and now the car runs like factory.