I bought a 1994 C1500 as a project. It's all stock. I have a ZZ2 crate that I was considering swapping in to replace the 200k mile 5.7 that's in it. My intent was to get a Holley 502-9 and crank the fuel pressure up to handle the 350HP the motor is rated for. However, in my research, I came upon some opinions that the ZZ2 might not be friendly to TBI, mostly because of the cam in it. I was wondering if anybody here had some insight? Would I be wasting my time, energy, and money?

10134334 Hyd. Roller 235/235 .480"/.480" 9.0:1 114

The other part of my question, I would be "street tuning". I.E. Datalogging while driving and tweaking the tune over time to try and dial it in, or using the EBL system, or something like that. How GOOD do those tunes really get?

I have a C10 with a ZZ4 running on Megasquirt with a FAST throttle body, Ford EDIS crank trigger, and it took a LONG time and a lot of learning to get that thing decent. It's not even close to a factory tune. I would really like my C1500 to behave like a factory tune. Startup, warmup, stop and go traffic, etc.

Thanks!