Yes, I was a registered member some 10 to maybe 15 years ago. I join back then when I had/(still have) a '66 FORD Bronco with GM TBI. It's worked fine, without having to touch it all these years. Well, now I'm restoring my DAD's 1970 Chevy Chevelle Sport coupe. Currently, the body is stripped to bare steel, gutted of all interior, power train sitting on stands while the body is at the paint shop.
Now to my power train issues. The original is a 307/350/10 bolt. In looking around for a machine shop to rebuild the 307 I got a quote of $3,500 JUST for the machine work without any reassemble. A friend told me about a mechanic in another town who might have a better lead on a reasonable (in my eyes) machinist. This guy let me know that he had a short block 350 4 bolt main with a steel crank. $150! He told me, as many others on a Chevelle site, that the cost to rebuild is the same for a 307 as a 350. As I already had the 4 bolt engine why not. The "friend" has a brother who donated a pair of Vortec heads. Back to the mechanic who said that "he thought" a company name Jasper who rebuild/exchange my combo for around $3K. I have not heard the final on that yet (350 4 bolt with vortec heads).
Now to the fuel system. I'd like (and do like) the GM TBI used on the 80s/90s vehicles.
I'd like recommendations on the year make and model that would be the best donor. I'm also interested in if anyone has a complete system sitting around they'd like to part with. I'll post that request in the "Wanted" section after this Re introduction.