Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
Hi,

The CSIO1 pin (68HC11F1 pin 22) is programmed to be the chip select for the DLC. Since the DLC has only two physical addresses, only A0 and the chip select are needed. The two registers are duplicated over and over within the range, but for simplicity only the 0x1060/1 are used within the code.

The home brew cable was designed to get around limitations in the ELM. If I had it to do again, I would have moved all the CRC into software. Doing it that way would be better because the CRC would cover the data through the USB link as well. That said, reinventing the wheel isn't a thing I plan to do...

I have download/program software working on my bench. It targets only two years of PCM (96/7). For the most part these PCMs are obsolete, the later units are probably a better bet for most people. I am at a cross roads as to if I will continue to work on this PCM. I keep running into lack of information regarding the TPU and try as I might have not been able to crack into it.

-Tom
I was told that there was not really a solution for the 96/7 vehicles hence was directed to here as the closest kind of "DIY" tuning solution.

Just like the P01/P59 PCMs, there was not really any work done for reverse engineering completed or people helping out until there was an option available to read/write.

Id be happy to help get the kernels into a easy to use application, or even possibly into something like LSDroid which is also a free based program.