Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
It's challenging to figure out a good tune for a modified engine. If at all possible, I start with a flash that needs the fewest modifications possible

One method to build a tune for a modified engine is to copy / paste parameters from a factory flash into the custom flash.

The attached .bin file has 2002 L59 injector parameters. There are several tables for injector parameters.

Possibly copy / paste all the L59 injector parameters from the attached .bin file into the starter flash.

I'm curious about the Alcohol % table if the custom flash is for flex fuel.

L59.jpg

Alcohol Percent.JPG
The problem with doing that on this build is the FF vehicles with a vacuum referenced regulator used a lower fuel pressure than non FF. That is why the IFR has them at 33 lb/hr/ Those same injectors when used in a non return FF fuel system (05-07 classic L59) used the higher 58 psi pressure like the earlier LM7 vacuum referenced regulator. That is why in this case he needed to use the 35.4 lb/hr setting in his calibration. If he would reply and answer the questions I could give him a good file to start much better than what he is currently using. The file he is using is not a FF calibration.