I swapped out the black box computer for a hardware number 12589462 green/blue P59 1MB that came with my engine. I had to change to an 05 computer, hardware number 12589463, in order to get the analog AC input, to control the compressor and the PCM still controls the cooling fans. I then had to change the operating system to 603 to get more .IDF support.

I mostly use TunerPro RT with the VTv3 with USB plus Bluetooth support for my ALDL interface. I use the LS Droid software to load my tunes. They also have LS Droid for Windows that I have used with the USB cable, it seems to work equally well. Note that LS Droid only works P01 and P59 PCMs. I have also used Universal Patcher successfully, there are a lot of different free software is available on this website. There is a vast amount of knowledge, just need to ask the right questions

I would recommend getting a spare PCM, so if you brick one you will still have one to use. I have recovered mine several times from a brick state using the procedure you can find on the web.

I am in Mountain View, just north of West Plains.