Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
If it doesn`t keep state the chip is for the trash.
I was afraid of that, I do have another brand new chip I could solder to another memcal.

Quote Originally Posted by MO LS Noobie View Post
It does sound like the chip or even something in the PCM itself. Do you have a complete spare computer you could swap in?
Yes and I have swapped it but it doesn't seem to do anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by MO LS Noobie View Post
To test the alternator, put your voltmeter on AC, one lead on the negative post of the battery not the clamp but directly on the post, and the other lead on the output of the alternator. Anything over 0.2 V is too much. You can see it more clearly with a lab scope but a voltmeter works fine. I haven't seen temperature affect it very much but you can check it hot and cold. You might also check the actual output, should not be over 14.6 V. And is always triple check your grounds.
I'll have to check it with a multi meter.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
After about 1 year of working perfectly, the ZIF socket (low profile) that was installed on a G1 Memcal adapter board cause many of problems your experiencing. I removed the ZIF socket and installed the chip directly into the G1 Memcal adapter board. Some 6 years later, with the chip installed directly into the G1 Memcal adapter board the chip is still working flawlessly.
Did you have to re burn the chip?

I have taken the adapter all the way out of the equation, but maybe it was too late for the chip?