Thread: No EFI content inside!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice story, Thanks for sharing!

dave w

WOW x2 on the pics!!!
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

X2 on the pics
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Administrator
    I haven't washed it and it's already parked back in the barn. The only thing that's different from when I brought it home is the wheels and the new glass. One of the old pictures should work for now.
    36_plym_arrives.jpg

36_plym_takehome2.jpg

Nice.

Looks like it could be a great restoration.

Funny how so many people can miss something so simple for so many years. ;)

BTW, not all cars of that vintage had cloth tops, it was more the early cars, due to a lack of having dies and presses large and capable enough to press out the top and the sides of the roof in one piece. ;) Getting into the '40s, many cars did have full steel roofs. One example, is the 1940 Dodge D10 (IIRC that's the model desgination).
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Normally that would be a sweet car! But with the family history, let alone this story on how it survived it is truely incredible!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    BTW, not all cars of that vintage had cloth tops, it was more the early cars, due to a lack of having dies and presses large and capable enough to press out the top and the sides of the roof in one piece. ;)
    You couldnt even buy the steel in large enough pieces to make a one piece stamping. The mills just didn't make it large enough. Chevy's metal roof was welded in. The 36 Dodge used a metal insert with a two piece rubber seal and retainer. Trivia: The rubber retainer for the Plymouth doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I purchased a rubber retainer from a Dodge which was the last of a run that a guy had made up many years ago. It wasn't until I looked at the two retainers that I realized the Dodge was substantially different. But with nothing else available I decied to go ahead and modify the Dodge part to see if it could be made to fit. I think I'm going to need to cheat in a few spots with adhesive but overall it looks like it will work.

Normally that would be a sweet car! But with the family history, let alone this story on how it survived it is truely incredible!
    It's really cool to be able to give my son a car that was purchased new by his great, great aunt then passed down through each generation. Of course we may be running on Flux Capacitors by the time he gets it but he should know a few tricks about hotrodding by then.