Thread: Tunerpro RT $4F connection problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I just got done doing a data log after attempting to fix the vacuum leak. It seems to be doing better and according to the BLMs it looks like its running less rich again. However, while I was cruising at about 2000 RPMs my EGR tried to kick on again and instantly the BLMs went from 128 to 109. I cant figure out how to get that thing to stay off!! I've got the EGR enable temp all the way up, the EGR on and off TPS% are both at 0 and the Option Word Bit 7 is off.

I guess at this point I'm also confused as to why my BLMs were back to perfect at 2000 RPM and above (prior to EGR trying to kick in) yet below 2000 it didn't lean out as much after fixing the vacuum leak.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah that was doing way better! Why does the EGR keep coming on? Post up your bin and we can take a look, for some reason it is not disabled, we may have to 0 out tables or?

Below 2000 RPM is much higher vacuum, so you had a much higher vacuum leak. At least they are consistent now and tunable.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I haven't 0 out tables yet because I didn't want to make something go really bad if it tried to kick on and I obviously don't know what I'm doing.

As far as vacuum leaks go, I obviously made it better, but the numbers didn't come back to near perfect like they were so I think I still have one. Unless there was a little leak when we started with the tuning and now that its fixed, the numbers are off? I hate to say it, but I already noticed some wiggle in the throttle shaft and I just had new bushings put in about 2 weeks ago!!! Luckily the guy said he would try putting some harder bushings in for free. Obviously that could be another source of leak.

I noticed a couple of other things today while messing around with it that I'm not so sure about. My volt meter twitches as the same rate as my turn signal whenever I turn the signal on, maybe its always done it, but I just noticed it now. The other thing is that I pulled the PCV valve and breather to try to feel for vacuum (I know I don't want to have that) but what I noticed was that if left my hands over the holes for a few seconds, when I pulled my hands off, there was a quick little rush of air. It did this right after starting it for the first time today but I'm not sure if its just doing that because the PCV valve wasn't on there to pull the air out of one side?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by duecepipes22; 06-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Not that I think it will fix the EGR issue but raise the EGR on TPS to 100% or what ever the max is on the scale.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s