I've owned 5 vehicles that were automatic, I've converted two of them to stick, and had parts to convert another one, but never got around to it. I much prefer to row my gears. For the rare times that automatic sees like a good idea, like in heavy traffic, I can deal with stick, I did for years.

The '05+ Dakota frames and even front suspensions are the same between 2WD and 4WD, the only things missing on the 2WD are the transfer case, front diff and axles. The problem is though, that it uses an IFS, and anything more than stock height seems to tear up CV joints. SAS is preferred for extreme lifts like I would want to. It's just rare that people do it, because it's all custom parts.

If this happens, it won't be for a while, I have a few other projects in line first, but this is something that I have always wanted to do. I have wanted a diesel truck for a long time, I just don't want the full size truck that they usually come in.

Selecting the engine will be the next step. I measured the diesel that comes in the full size ram and it seems to long to make the swap easy.

Any pics or write ups of the conversions you've done?