Thread: Any tuning shops near Toronto?

Any tuning shops near Toronto?

Does anyone know of a dyno tuning shop near Toronto that'll do an 86 CAMARO?
    Thanks.

Why do you want a dyno tune? Race car only, or just want big numbers?

There was a thread on TGO asking something similar, it seems that many people are no longer doing it in the area, or don't want to work on OEM OBD1 ECMs.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

It's a street car but heavily modified and just want te car to run right.
    Thanks.

inertia dynos don't really put much of a load on the vehicle for tuning part throttle tuning. When mine finally got to the dyno from road tuning all that was needed -5% PE fuel in a couple areas which got me another 10hp other than that nothing needed to be changed that could be adjusted on the dyno.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    don't want to work on OEM OBD1 ECMs.
    this definatly seems to be the case around me.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Even if you could find one they are only set up for WOT run, not drivability. When you set up the calibration it should be to support WOT HP, then just make it drivable, do the WOT HP on dyno and go home to finish the tune for drivability. It's not like they are going to drive your car for hours on the dyno to tune it, nor could you afford to pay by hour to do this.

That Scot guy gave some good info and bad info in your other thread.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Where abouts in T.O. are you?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Im just north of Toronto, do you know any tuners?

I'm 15 minutes on the other side of Hamilton.

I don't know of anyone in your area.

That isn't far, do you do tuning?
    Thanks.

Yeah, so far only for local guys. I like to do several sessions, spread out over a week or two, to get a good average of what the engine wants. Some of the trickier vehicles I will do "follow up" sessions months or years after the initial tune.

I just did a follow up session with a friend of mine, that has a 365 (baby 409) with a custom MPFI intake running a '7730 and S_AUJP, that I hadn't touched since '09. LOL The intake always leaked, crank case leak, in the intake valley pan area, which seems that it caused excessive air to be pulled into the intake through the PCV, due to proximity of the tube for the PCV, so, once those leaks were sealed up, it didn't run as well as the initial tune did, so I had to get that sorted out. Still a bit of tweaking left on it, but made a HUGE improvement in just a couple hours cruising around.

Another friend of mine, has an Olds Cutlass, that has a very non-EFI friendly cam, that runs quite well, now that the fuel system has been improved, though it does have a pretty dirty idle (fuel smell), plugs and O2 sensor show it's pretty spot on with the tune, all off a TBI ECM, with a custom 4bbl throttle body and other home made ideas.

I like the odd ball stuff, it presents a challenge, that is rewarding once it's tuned. The challenges I don't like are the ones that are caused by mechanical issues, which is kinda what I was pointing out with the two examples above, both had mechanical issues, that caused a difficult time tuning, but in both cases it was hard to tell until after the repairs/improvements were made that there were indeed issues in those areas.

Any reason you don't want to tune it yourself?

Well I have played around with it but no success yet so I wanted someone with experience on these computers to try to figure it out. Would u be interested?
    How much$$
    Thanks.

I'll download some files and logs from your other thread and hopefully get to look at them over the next couple of days, I'm starting school on Tuesday, so my time will be limited. At least I know I won't be the oldest in the class, there was at least one other person that was older than me at orientation. lol

OK cool. Thanks.