Sounds like you should have been tuning WOT already. :P

With idle and low RPM tuning close, you can ease into WOT. Keep an eye on things, like AFR, engine temp, knock, etc, etc, and just add or remove fuel and spark as needed. You may want to go a few hundred RPM at a time, if you feel the current bin would be pretty far out.

A different train of thought I've read about people using is to tune idle an part throttle drivability, then go straight to tuning WOT, at which point they can extrapolate the tables in between.

Personally I use a combination of both. I tune idle an part throttle cruise, do some quick stabs, make sure everything looks good, then tune as many ranges as I can get the ECM to see, meaning different loads, an RPM ranges.

The difficult part comes in where AE and PE are involved. AE being based on TPS and MAP changes will add fuel to get the engine to rev up, then PE will add more spark and fuel when the PE is active.

People have discussed disabling either or both of these enrichments, I ten to leave them enabled, though I may reduce them if I feel they are skewing the results.

As far as using the VE2 table or VE adder table, this will use the last cell in the VE and add that value to the value in the VE adder table, at the current RPM.

So if you are at WOT, with a KPA of 100 and at 4400 RPM, $42 will look at the 100 KPA row and 3600 RPM, it will use that value and then add the value in the VE adder table at 4400 RPM, for a final VE calculation.