Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0D/0E, temps are celsius, I want fahrenheit

Re: 0D/0E, temps are celsius, I want fahrenheit

Six Shooter did one on TunerPro forum. Just thank him and Robert for what they do. It's way over my head too, lots of math,hex and calulations. I don't know where to learn this. I got some BLM tables built for the $42.ADX because I was used to working with them in WinALDL. But the data was there already I just had to get it in the recorded tables. I used these same tables and added them to my EE.ADX for my LT1 then realized I needed a right and left because of 2 O2 sensors. Now I have duel BLM history tables!

Just start poking around in there and see what is already done. Then you can copy half to make something new. It has to have a unique name or number, some say when you add 1 you need to add 1 more to total. Open an ADX in Edit Pad and you will see final product that can be made in TunerPro.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I take some of that back. There is a lot of information on making XDF and ADX files in the help section of TPV5

-= =-

I don't do the math part, I just look at other XDFs that have what I want and use that as a guide.

If you start playing with the program, you'll find some cool features.

Just one that is pretty cool, though it may seem basic, is the ability to copy an XDF item, then past it in a new location, or even into another XDF.

Short story time:
    Sunday I was tuning a friend's Cutlass, and had an XDF that I went through and sorted everything to make it easier to find stuff like the fuel related items or spark related items easier. Well, it seems there's a bad XDF floating around that has an improper size and address for the VE table in $85. I've done some tuning on this car before, so I knew I had the proper information in another XDF. I opened two instances of TP RT V5, opened both XDFs, copied the good VE table XDF item and pasted it in to the XDF with the wrong VE table item. I then proceeded to delete the wrong XDF item, saved the XDF, and it worked mint after that.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    Short story time:
    Sunday I was tuning a friend's Cutlass, and had an XDF that I went through and sorted everything to make it easier to find stuff like the fuel related items or spark related items easier. Well, it seems there's a bad XDF floating around that has an improper size and address for the VE table in $85. I've done some tuning on this car before, so I knew I had the proper information in another XDF. I opened two instances of TP RT V5, opened both XDFs, copied the good VE table XDF item and pasted it in to the XDF with the wrong VE table item. I then proceeded to delete the wrong XDF item, saved the XDF, and it worked mint after that.
    That's why I have mine backed up in a sepreate file on my computer after I know they are right. I copy them, use them, modify them, test them and back them up as Version 2 and so on. My Scantool helps find issues in the ADX.

How do you open 2 TPs? WhenI try that computer says it's already open. Also tried TP and TPRT same thing, will not open 2?

-= =-

Yeah, it was wierd, that like 3 or 4 of my XDFs showed the wrong hex address and size.

TP (RT) V5 > Custom Tools > "Open a new instance of Tuner Pro."
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    TP (RT) V5 > Custom Tools > "Open a new instance of Tuner Pro."
    D'oh!

-= =-