Yes, the multimeter method is the surefire way to figure out the knock sensor wiring. It is also how I ended up figuring it out. I believe that the pin designations on the modules are the same on passenger cars vs. trucks but the wiring colors are different. I could be wrong though, I don't have both to confirm this.

I also used the Standard Motor products KS6 knock sensor. It is working great.

I would have to agree with the people who state this conversion won't make your vehicle run better if you had the original ECM tuned right to start with, but the datalogging is so much better! There is one quirk my van had with the 7747 that has went away now, that I could never get tuned out on the 7747. On cold start at an ambient temp of around 40-50*F I would have to push the accelerator a little bit or it would just flood out with the 7747. If temperatures were colder or warmer than that range it would fire right up with just a turn of the key. Since the change to the 97427 that issue has went away. This could just be an issue with my setup, this engine is far from a stock 350 with more cam than most would consider EFI friendly, and I am sure it could have been tuned out on the 7747 but I couldn't figure it out and the conversion to the 97427 eliminated the need to figure it out. In any case there is definitely something superior about the cold start up routines in the 97427 and it is great having that problem gone after 4 years of dealing with that on daily driving.