Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Mark, it's refereshing to be on this board. I've been through something very similar. In 2000 or so an individual started a business selling Jeep EFI conversion kits and was using gmecm for tech and product support. The list moderator didn't choose any sides after it was brought up on list even though it was clearly a violation of trust and policy and a bunch of the really talented guys cut back on posting anything new or good.
Clearly an issue I don't want happening again! You all know when I say "I' it is always meant as my own opinion because this board has always been about "We". We are what makes it and "I" don't want this scenario happening again. This has and always will be a team effort, we can't have part of the team holding back because of one jackass that used another forum! Their members were used for the info and then targetted as buyers with a deceitful ad on eBay.

There's one other commercial company who has used all the info for profit and has picked our brians on how to fix it because his knowledge couldn't, we all had a fun time figuring out a cool conversion a few times. In the end he never came back to be part of the community either. I notice his last post went unanswered... he then went to Thirdgen with same question that went a week without answer. Finally got his answer but he asked the question wrong so the answer will not help him. He developed a sweet conversion but should really have hired someone to tune it properly, now he has customers all over with systems not running correctly.

I did start another forum around 2000 and many guys got involved. One person took all the information we developed along with information from many sources and went elsewhere and now runs a conversion business. So I understand your frustration.

I'm not against guys making a buck! It's capitalism in America. But these scenarios all involve taking and not giving anything back, not even a mention of credit or even thank you or a link back!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
One thing that puzzles me, is there has to be more to a knock filter than simply matching it to the engines bore size. If it was as simple at that, then should it not be the same knock filter on the tpi 350's and the tbi 350's, and even yet, since the 4.3 v6 has the same bore and stroke as a 350, then in theory should it not use the same one too? Be we know it does not.
Knock sensor has to match knock filter whether it's in memcal or ESC... and the sensor has to be for engine. So your point of V6 knock sensor matching V8 because of bore and stroke is valid. We started to collect info on this but there were so many GM numbers I don't think we ever came to a conclusion. But that needs to go in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
The V6 MEMCALs are much more plentiful than the TBI MEMCALs, which is why the V6 MEMCALs are used.

The V6 MEMCALs were used from about 1987 to 1994 in many applications, whereas the TBI MEMCALs were used from about 1992 to 1995, and only in pick up trucks, and not all pick up trucks of those years.
And all the memcals there are another popular PCM. where the V6 is still plentiful.

This just proves the product sold is defective, the ad is deceitful and the only reason for it was profit. Worst part is people buying it don't even know!