Thread: Motorsports injectors, or old junk GM ones? :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I've had some great luck with a couple of vendors sending me low or no cost "test" units of unknown condition to play with actually. Their willingness to assist has been excellent.

Since the already invented wheel in this case was the motorsport injectors, I wouldn't mind having some. Here is a picture of what was done/used originally: http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/40...ion/p3685.html

I personally don't care what injector I use, my only requirements are that they are somewhat affordable (~$400 for a set of 8, new), work with the TPI ECM, and that I can get parts reasonable/easily,namely the connectors for them. Since I'm going to be converting a TBI harness over, the connector can be whatever the injector I decide on uses. I note that the Ford racing injectors on summitracing are pretty cheap, but they look like a lot more plastic, and if I have to modify dimensions similar to what is shown above, they need to be accepting of those changes.

Initially the setup will be on a 415CID motor with a pretty mild cam, later it will probably be used on a 350 that might be a bit more aggressive. Worst case I think 42lb injectors would be usable, ~32lb seem to be about optimum, and 24's might be pushed a bit hard, but could probably be made to work. You can PM me if you like, interested to hear what you have!

Thanks!
    "Frankentruck" is a "1985" K5, TPI 350 '165/6E (Vortec Heads, SDPC2000 base, roller cam, headers), 32 Spline SM465, 205 w/VSS, 10b/14SF, 3.42's and 33" tires. Soon to be boxed frame, '87 sheetmetal, and TPI w/ '727

Fuel Injected!
    I'm using the 42lb (motorsport pretty sure) in an L67 build,but offhand I do have a set of northstar injectors I know.
    I'll see what I have in full sets.
    I didn't realize you were looking for new,mine are all used pullouts though I think I still have a couple sets that are freshly flushed and sonic cleaned maybe.
    I built an "apparatus" for doing it that worked great,need to build another.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry if I was unclear...I don't mind a used set, but once I get it figured out which injector is best, I intend to buy new, if nothing else as backups. My last set of used injectors didn't last real long, so I'm a bit leery of trusting a used set for the long term. I may be off base, but like I said, I had a problem, although they were the multecs, and I have been told multiple times they tend to be problematic.

Anyway, my reasoning for trying to find some cheap/free used ones is to get my hands on as many different designs as possible without breaking the bank. Since I'm not sure what I'm going to end up using yet, I don't want to sink a fair bit of money into any one particular injector setup. I know what has been used for my application, I just don't have enough experience with different make injectors to know what is available that may possibly work better.
    "Frankentruck" is a "1985" K5, TPI 350 '165/6E (Vortec Heads, SDPC2000 base, roller cam, headers), 32 Spline SM465, 205 w/VSS, 10b/14SF, 3.42's and 33" tires. Soon to be boxed frame, '87 sheetmetal, and TPI w/ '727

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry,reread the first post and somehow missed where you said mockup.
    Just pm me an address.

Fuel Injected!
    Did you ever receive the injectors I sent?
    Hopefully they will be of some use,I sent a couple of every type I could find except for one I think.