Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Junk Yard VSS

Re: Junk Yard VSS

There is a couple of pictures of a waggy vss in this thread. Seems one guy modded a 4 out buffer to work with the waggy vss.
    Though, looking at the pictures, I dont know how easy it would be to adapt this vss to other applacations, as it appears to have male threads on both ends, with one being smaller than the other.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=112561
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Re: Junk Yard VSS

Doesn't look like that would be a good conversion part with 2 differant size ends...

i have read a lot on that site but never joined. ou can tell those guys the buffer he is talking about is called a DRAC on early models and VSSB on later ones.

I solder in DIP switches on them to adjust for tire and gear changes, don't know if it could be modded to comensate from 2 pulse from 4? They have differant outputs for speedo, ABS and cruise.. I think 1ProjecttoMany or someone here had mentioned exact specs?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-