Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few random $8D questions

lol @ user error.

No, it's documented on the TP site. IIRC it required re-editing the ADX, and even then it was hit or miss, if it worked or not. I haven't bothered with trying to fix it, because Mark said something about fixing it, in the code.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Dam.. do you know what version broke and what version fixed? Recent? Mine still work... wait this was all V4 to V5 wasn't it? All mine are done V5 and working fine... so far... I've even added Injector Duty Cycle, MPG, Knock count, Knock retard with no issues.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Dam.. do you know what version broke and what version fixed? Recent? Mine still work... wait this was all V4 to V5 wasn't it? All mine are done V5 and working fine... so far... I've even added Injector Duty Cycle, MPG, Knock count, Knock retard with no issues.

Ive added knock count to my ADX as well, but it doesnt work right. it shows whatever the knock count is in all cells and not how many in whatever cell affected, if that makes sense. LOL
    '86 Grand National

No it was after V5 was released. Early V5 versions the histograms worked. I don't recall at which build it broke.

I guess I'll just edit my ADX(s) to get them to work again.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    Ive added knock count to my ADX as well, but it doesnt work right. it shows whatever the knock count is in all cells and not how many in whatever cell affected, if that makes sense. LOL
    Yeah it's an accumulater, but works well if you need it frame by frame to find out where it increases... like $42 has no Knock retard...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah it's an accumulater, but works well if you need it frame by frame to find out where it increases... like $42 has no Knock retard...

so is there a way to disable it to just show where each knock count was? I suppose that may be a problem though if there happens to be more than one count in one cell?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    You can use your 2kppm VSS with the 730, connect the VSS signal wire to pin C6.

While watching data pause it, then Shift + and [ or ] to move one frame at a time to find frame or frames with counts. Then you can go directly to that cell in spark table to remove timing.

History table has to be built exactly same as spark table in XDF.

Remember it's interpolated from that cell and four surrounding cells, so need to look at that area.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    While watching data pause it, then Shift + and [ or ] to move one frame at a time to find frame or frames with counts. Then you can go directly to that cell in spark table to remove timing.

History table has to be built exactly same as spark table in XDF.

Remember it's interpolated from that cell and four surrounding cells, so need to look at that area.
    ill open up another thread so I dont continue to hijack this one, sorry OP.
    '86 Grand National

Yea, I have changed the history tables in my $0D ADX to match the fuel and spark tables. When I first started they had rpm and map cells that the tables in the bins did not have, and made it confusing to readjust right.
    I am with you mark, and find it much easyer to use the history tables when tuning. However the problem of finding out why they are not working and fixing them is way over my head. I can change the table sizes, and edit a few items, but thats about it.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    You can use your 2kppm VSS with the 730, connect the VSS signal wire to pin C6.
    The wiring diagram I have shows C6 as not being used. Can anyone else verify this claim, or can you post info supporting it? Sorry if I am a bit hesitant to hook a wire to a unknown pin without knowing exactly what it is/does first.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    The wiring diagram I have shows C6 as not being used. Can anyone else verify this claim, or can you post info supporting it? Sorry if I am a bit hesitant to hook a wire to a unknown pin without knowing exactly what it is/does first.
    Well, it would not show this pin as being used since all the cars that used the 730 (to my knowledge) used the 2-wire VSS.

Also, the TPI in my truck is utilizing the optical VSS input on the 730, and is functioning quite well with it.

Fuel Injected!
    Also, this is where I discovered that information

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/df...-7730-ecm.html

Super Moderator
    C6 on a 7730 is the VSS optical input... equivalent pin on a 7727 is B21.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

So we have finally fixed the issue I was having that made me want to swap to the 7730 in the first place. But I do not want to let this thread die just yet. I do still plan on running 8D in my 4.0L wrangler when I swap to a 7727. SO I would really like to get the history tables in the ADX working. I still have the adapter harness I built, so I can still plug the 7730 into my cherokee to test it. I am just lost on how to figure out whats wrong with the history tables and how to fix them.