Thread: Code: EGR and CTS conversions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well guys... I went through Jims new hacks and some old hacks and found 99% of all temps listed to hex number all calculated to
    0.750000 * X -40.000000

What was done years ago? I don't know but we see all the examples above, as time moves on we learn and improve.

So that is what I am going to do with $42 I've been working on for years now... If you remember when I started (before this forum) I found several $42 masks, put them all together, then learned how to use the DSM/ASM, added stuff, practiced and learned. So all I can figure is all the ones I put together form different people all got it close? Then just recently found all the different conversions! It's been a great project, I've learned so much. But at this point it's probably overdone and I'm glad I found this last (hopefully) glitch.

Thanks for all the help! Was great sanity check because I was starting to loose it!

But now I'm back to what started all this.
    LD1B3 FCB 132 ; ..c COOL FOR EGR ENABLE (1K PU) TBL 3
    Have to figure out why I raised this temp to disable EGR and when I rev motor it shut off? Well just like fuel was turned off?
    I'm going to do some more testing on my stock 1990 Suburban that has EGR.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    Ward had been around for a long time. I believe he was involved with original design of HEI ignition. I know he worked with Steve Cole and Tunercat to make TTS tuning software. And at the end, he was fighting cancer while trying to remain active on the efi lists. I think the comments were more of a casual thing, to be used by people familiar with GM code. As others tried to make disassemblies they used some of Ward's work verbatim. 'Tis the nature of the internet. But many of GM's formulas don't change over the years with OBDI so you can bet that coolant temp in one mask is calculated the same as coolant temp in another. A good sanity check is to calculate the upper and lower limits and see if they fit within the range of the sensor or data field. If not, the forumla is probably wrong.

I missed your post #43 while typing...

That has been the issue, I can't find any of that or Service routine 3? Took your exact address commands and not a? So I started looking through all SRC, ASM files I have in $42 folder and Voila! One is three times the size! ARJU_HAC.src and sure enough it is there.

Not sure why I had an issue with raising EGR temp by looks of that?

What is the difference of a temp noted with 1k PU and one not?

For example:
    LD1B3 FCB 132 ; 48c COOL FOR EGR ENABLE (1K PU) Matches Coolant temp table
    LD296 FCB 102 ; 60 Deg c, (140f) CLS LP Timer WARM THRESH, (1K PU) Matches Coolant Temp Table
    LD299 FCB 64 ; 35c COOL, Min for CLS LP Enable Does not match Coolant Temp Table

The ones that match coolant temp table still are not accurate with conversion for coolant temp table? 0.75000 * X -40

Or should I just give up and go back to life?

-= =-

Administrator
    Are you talking about a raw a/d count to temp table?
    I'll have to look through disassembly tonight.

Yes...

-= =-

Mark, when this is figured out, I will go through and change the comments in asdu and asdx. I looked at code last night, and when you raise the temp to max at that qualifier, it skips the rest of the egr code following, but then does some vacuum qualifier stuff and goes to a routine I don't fully understand yet. I will have to spend time with the pink book to try to understand what is going on.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Well if I have you confused I feel much better!

-= =-