Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
I checked with EFI Live and no, just because it's 12 volt does not make it safe, may be worse!
This is good information. I've been pretty much exclusively flashing via the V2, I think it's probably been 2 years since I've had the laptop in the truck while I flash. This is the main reason I haven't sprung for a laptop mount yet, until I started on my suburban the only thing I've needed to carry with me is a small handheld that I could stick between the seat cushions securely.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
Well so far I'm liking the Ram Mount! Still following my rule of no tuning and driving! But the clear view of a dashboard set to what you need at time is very useful. I've never used dashboards much even with data logs, monitors are much more useful.

The way I have the Ram Mount it is all the way down, was going to cut to lower it more so laptop was below dash, but then would take up legroom. WHere it is I have no blind spots!

Just a glance at dash board is no differant then a glance at vehicle dash board or Wide Band Lambda gauge while driving! It's not like tryuing to find what you need with laptop on seat which is way to much time with eyes off the road, similar to texting!

You can see my Moates O-Meter through steering wheel. I really like it as it's fully programmable for AFR or Lambda and also does data logging...

But doing some testing with RoadRunner emulator it's easy to set up so change needed to test and glance at dash board is very easy, just click and listen for the Road Runner Beep-Beep!

THIS IS COOL! I want, nay, I NEED this. I can see where it would come in handy to keep the laptop secure. I also like the fact that it's a secondary dash board. Nice when you don't have a tach like my truck. I'm digging the moates-o-meter also... Shit, I need a better paying job.