Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
When I asked Mark Mansur about using BT for ALDL coms all he said was "Good luck with that."

I think his gets into another issue with the odd baud rate of the GM ECMs causing an issue when converting to other interfaces.
So far that's what I have been told also. I have talked to one person that has done it but they are using an Arduino to buffer from the odd rate of 8192 to a standard rate that any BT module will work at. I was hopping and felt there has to be a better way...... I found a higher end bluetooth module that can communicate at ANY (read: non-standard) baud rate. It can be programmed in may different ways. I have set it to communicate at 8192 and I can connect and communicate to it at 8192. I figured if I can make that happen, which I have, the odd baud rate problem will be solved. Well it apparently isn't as easy as that, which doesn't surprise me. But haven't figured out why its not working therefore not sure the next step to take. I need to put this into another thread. I was hopping to get my tuning a little better before playing with this.