Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Nice one.
    X2

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    is there more o2 in cold air 70 than in hot air 110 degress, ? here there is a lot of sun shine the acuall high way temp is proble 120-130 degress. another off the wall question.

If you do a perfect tune at 70 degrees in Open Loop... then run Closed loop BLM will be 128.

60 degree day it will be richer like 124.

80 degree day will be leaner like 132.

If you tune all temps you'll be chasing your tail... the magic of the O2 sensor makes it work in all temps...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    assuming you have an IAT/MAT sensor, if you have it dialed in well enough, it will account for day to day variations like that within a pretty small error window. can't account for humidity and to a small degree, sensor error/lag. in closed loop, the O2 will have the final say, of course.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I was wondering about it, I don't seam to get that many more knock in the evening the blms do change from the morning. the truck has more by the seat of your pants power in the cooler air the mileage on my data log shows a little more in the cooler temp also. I think I need one of them [self adjusting out side temp controlers] for my in take air. maybe a little ac coil in my intake tube. I have an 91 pickup with a 747 ecm, do they have a iat option?

Well, my son just about got the tranny out of the wife's Blazer when he found the problem. He thought I put the bolts in the torque converter and I thought he did it. End result, no bolts in the torque convert. Putting it back together tomorrow. Now to make sure the P0300 codes get taken care of. I have two dizzys and I will get a new cap and rotor. Also the year old gas will get pumped out and fresh gas put in.
    It was mis-firing on all 6 cyl.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    At least it's an easy fix,yank starter and install bolts lol.
    I've started the impala at least 4-5 times without convertor bolted to isolate trans from engine for diag.
    Shouldn't cause any issues or damage.