Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 350 with 30lb injectors

I hope he does to. I am here now waiting for him to finish up on another car. Cold start this morning for the first time and the car ran horrible with that $32E bin. I would do it myself, I have to tools but not the knowledge and I think I would have to get a WBO2 sensor to tune it properly.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    Cold start this morning for the first time and the car ran horrible with that $32E bin. tbh im amazed you were ever happy wuith it, i finally looked at it(well what little info it does have) and all i see is max rich, i bet that thing was bogging away alot of potential power not to mention washing down the cylinder walls. I would do it myself, I have to tools but not the knowledge and I think I would have to get a WBO2 sensor to tune it properly.
    hmm wonder how people did it years back without the fancy WBO2 for years till they were affordable "note the sarcasm" i guess they had to understand more and think hmm.. wbo2 is nice especially at wot but not a total necessity..

confucius say: having tools and wbo2 does not a tuner make.
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-15-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Still here waiting for him to finish on some old Porsche. I honestly don't think he will get it right and hopefully you will have the patience to continue on with me on your ZZ4 bin. Still haven't had time to try the sample bin, this $32 bin along with that ZZ4 bin have that problem when hot and a restart after a short off. Not sure what it is. Not "heat soak" because my stock bin or the other $6E bins I previously posted up here does not do it.

Still tuning it. He had showed me the O2 sensor always running up close to a volt and the WBO2 sensor was reading very lean when going into closed loop. In open loop we could get the AFR right near 14.7:1. I'll post a bin when he is done. I told him that I wanted a $6E bin.

Fuel Injected!
    well your ecm is going to be adjusting by the o2 sensor it see's,the ecm doesnt give 2 hoots what the wb says.. i would be very concerned as to why the 2 o2 sensors are in total disagreement.. it will run like azz or at least not right if its tuned by the wbo2 with total disregaurd to what the stock nbo2 see's and says. but ya let him do his thing i guess. we will see
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-15-2013 at 04:07 AM.

It was in open loop so the computer wouldn't have been trying to go lean.

I believe that's why he wanted to run the car in open loop, possibly an old wire with a lot of resistance going to the computer? Never the less you are right and I should check continuity from the O2 sensor connector to the ECM and see how much resistance there is. The O2 sensor doesn't have more than 1000 miles on it so I'm thinking its good.

Fuel Injected!
    I believe that's why he wanted to run the car in open loop, possibly an old wire with a lot of resistance going to the computer? Never the less you are right and I should check continuity from the O2 sensor connector to the ECM and see how much resistance there is. The O2 sensor doesn't have more than 1000 miles on it so I'm thinking its good.
    hmmm good theory cept that i think high resistance would lead to leaner then actual not richer. also odd how in all the logs it was working as expected and starting out at nuetral, had it been high resistance it would show that on key on engine off and or durring initial engine startup one would think, odd how it just acts that way around him maybe its jus a shy O2 sensor

I have no idea but he finished my bin in $6E, car runs good, doesnt smell like raw ruel and I need to try a cold start still. He said above 5000rpm for some reason it was going lean and he couldn't get it back good so he wants the car again, I had to go home plus he had to go as well as it was getting late. Thanks, will post up the bin tomorrow. To late now.

Fuel Injected!
    that seems a simple nuff fix, sounds like about 3 tables possibly 4 need adjusting, hard to tell without seeing it though.
    will be interesting to see what he comes up with
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-15-2013 at 08:18 AM.

He said he was right there and said as soon as he added 2 degrees advance it went lean them he couldn't get it back down for some reason. I guess like Mark said. The $6E is hard to do, and these computers are so old and slow.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    $6E is just hard
    ...snip....
    Or run the 808 (which is AU 165 ECM) adanced $12p code along with NV Sram for real time tuning and flash over ALDL port.
    http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356
    http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82
    http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=167
    Also the reason you don't see much on $6E or any improvements to the XDF and ADX files. Because there are better and easier ways! Also an $8D conversion...
    Dont want to hijack the thread, but how is the Aussie 808 different than the '165? I use an Ostrich from Moates so d/l is almost
    like flash over ALDL port. I use a WB02 enhanced $6E bin with TunerPro so I can get logs with time-synched data. What would
    be better is if the '165 could actually use the WB02 signal as well as a 2-bar MAP (since I have a supercharger) input. Do the
    $12p or $8d conversions allow that?

Thanks for any insight,

T.

Here is the bin, let me know what you guys think, hi 1project, nice to hear from you again. Car runs good, just need to try a cold start still. Unfortunatly he disabled closed loop but as long as it runs good I am happy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by blown87gta View Post
    Dont want to hijack the thread, but how is the Aussie 808 different than the '165? I use an Ostrich from Moates so d/l is almost
    like flash over ALDL port. I use a WB02 enhanced $6E bin with TunerPro so I can get logs with time-synched data. What would
    be better is if the '165 could actually use the WB02 signal as well as a 2-bar MAP (since I have a supercharger) input. Do the
    $12p or $8d conversions allow that?

Thanks for any insight,

T.
    the only difference is the 808 didnt have the highspeed aldl chip populated on the board so we in aussie and newzealand add that circuitry for aldl .with $12p it will run 1 2 and 3 bar map sensors and wideband input and self tuning of sorts.plus lots of extra goodies.its a good code for SD tuning and boost,and the xdf and adx's are fully defined

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the bin, let me know what you guys think, hi 1project, nice to hear from you again. Car runs good, just need to try a cold start still. Unfortunatly he disabled closed loop but as long as it runs good I am happy.
    best responce to the bin is lies,lies,lies,cheat,cheat,cheat...inj size trickery, timing trickery etc etc all short cuts he could take he took.

best advice= pull all the efi and go back to old school carb and dist because thats basically what you have atm, you would probly even gain some proformance doing this as your not using any of the benifits of the efi anyhow. just my 2cents, but if your happy with it thats whats important i guess. i on the other hand would be pissed, about $500 worth of pissed to be exact tbh.

i'm thinking Mark hit this 100% on the head with his tooner statement. all he basically did was tune your carb and adjust your dist curve a lil but didnt even do that right, instead jus lied to the ecm all he could to get the wbo2 to say what he wanted(forced). perfect example of a guy with bought skills(all the tools) and not knowing what to do with them) jus using electronics to tune like carb setup and even then its not right

ex: your running 24#injectors, base timing is 28.13* not much sence of going on with looking at the bin when that right there shows me already his idea of a toon is to cut the ecm out as much as he can and tune it like a carb setup.

would be pretty interesting to see a log of this
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-15-2013 at 08:12 PM.