Thread: Getting seed/key on locked pcm brute force style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I contacted antus over on his forum about the flash tool. Does not sound like finishing the ls1 flash tool is a priority and no completion in the foreseeable future was the message I got. He is busy on some other project. Too bad, his tool has lots of potential.

Well it seemed to be a top priority when we started selling the cables, not sure how that changed or people would not have bought cables...

I've seen the Seed/Key search talked about, if you read the threads there it may have the info or version number that did it?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

What PCMs do you need to unlock?
    LS1 PCMs can be unlocked easily in under 15 min using other methods, I have unlocked several.

A while ago I was searching for the method to unlock newer PCMs (E38, E40, E67) which can't be unlocked with the method I use, but didn't find anything. Well, I know how it's done but don't know what hardware and software is used. There are people doing that but nobody shares, it's like finding the holy grail

Fuel Injected!
    I would like to be able to do 0411(p01) and p59 pcms. I would be interested to know how you do it in 15 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I would like to be able to do 0411(p01) and p59 pcms. I would be interested to know how you do it in 15 mins?
    I first desolder the flash chip, then overwrite the whole flash with a stock tune using a universal programmer. Last step is to solder the chip back to the PCM

Doing this you can read and write as usual.
    I have a lot of practice soldering electronics, for an untrained individual it may take longer than 15 min. If you have no experience with this kind of work you can easily damage the PCM

Fuel Injected!
    How much would this equipment cost starting from scratch? Not the solution I had in mind but something to consider.

Like $150 for the programmer with the adapter plus the hot air station