Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
I thought it was that the VSS code would get set with a higher stall?

You should be able to enter low mph upshift settings into the kickdown tables and then use the rpm table to select the shift point. I've never read anything that says you can't tune for the converter, just that the car won't shift with a bigger stall when it's a stock tune.

I had to fix my PCM in the fall. I tried to change a table in Tunercat while flashing - don't do this....
Well I am unsure of how I would fix it, I am definitely not very handy with a soldering iron (haven't messed with them much though)...

This sounds like a good idea with the low MPH upshifts, but wouldn't it bother the cruising speed shifts? I am gonna try to up that VSS diagnostic enable to 4,000 RPM and see how that helps me out. I haven't ever seen the "limp mode" where it will only stay in 2nd and 3rd; but I definitely see it hitting the rev limiter on upshifts on occasion and sometimes the car downshifts right into redline requiring an upshift right after!!

I do not plan on changing any pressure or shift times really because I cannot afford to rebuild a trans right now; I already have a shift kit and it shifts pretty good... smooth and still "strong". I'd rather keep it safe.. I would like to see WOT up/down shifts be tuned out; I guess it is just trial and error, gotta get a spare PCM and mess with it.