Thread: My twin supercharged tbi 350 miata build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    Something like this
    I came up with similar in my head, but alternator would be spinning backwards and on flat side of belt.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    They're air pumps.. not timing gears.. the clocking isn't that important. I assume it would change PSI output between the two slightly but nothing that would be likely very noticeable or adjustable even... Especially when they tee or hat together into the TBI.. I'd be more worried about slippage on that alternator.

This is creative as can be, and also inspiring.. keep it up, and I hope you got yourself a fire ext close by these days. Be safe!
    Last edited by scottyd; 03-25-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    well, i welded a "support bar" underneath the blower plates, got rid of 1 tensioner and replaced it with an idler to run a single belt...... painted it all up and put her in the car for a test fit.

i already knew the hood wasn't going to close, but everything else is spot on. couldn't be any happier.

Administrator
    I'm really liking this. It was almost warm enough here to start working on one of my vehicles.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I'm really liking this. It was almost warm enough here to start working on one of my vehicles.
    gotta love vegas :]

125 during summer, 50 during winter :]

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
    They're air pumps.. not timing gears.. the clocking isn't that important. I assume it would change PSI output between the two slightly but nothing that would be likely very noticeable or adjustable even... Especially when they tee or hat together into the TBI.. I'd be more worried about slippage on that alternator.

This is creative as can be, and also inspiring.. keep it up, and I hope you got yourself a fire ext close by these days. Be safe!
    I'm a little late to the party, but I agree. The slight difference in speed will only result in one blower providing slightly more air than the other. The PSI will be even since they're plumbed together (I assume). My concern is whether the V belt would be able to provide enough horsepower to run the blower and whether or not the alternator would slip with the original setup.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxzillian View Post
    I'm a little late to the party, but I agree. The slight difference in speed will only result in one blower providing slightly more air than the other. The PSI will be even since they're plumbed together (I assume). My concern is whether the V belt would be able to provide enough horsepower to run the blower and whether or not the alternator would slip with the original setup.
    sorry i didn't tell you guys.
    I have it all worked out to where a single belt will be used all driven by the crank. Problem fixed :D

I got rid of the passenger side tensioner, replaced with single idler, added another idler right below alternator and now it's capable of running just 1 belt. :]

Fuel Injected!
    bump!

Fuel Injected!
    I know its a bit of a dead thread, but I'd love to know how the intake piping is routed...
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    i was hoping it wasnt dead