I thought about going with a larger cam, but I do planning on doing some towing and I wanted a big increase over stock without any drivability issues. To keep things simple to pass the PA emissions test, I decided to go with the Edelbrock TBI intake so the EGR was physically bolted in the proper place. So that lead me to look at the Dart S/S heads, which stop increasing flow rate at .500" lift. And the dart heads have a very nice combustion chamber, plus it is 72cc. I wanted to keep a good quench distance of .039 and with flat tops with only 2 valve reliefs, I am right at 8.0 dynamic compression with this cam. So, for this motor, this cam has incredible torque, plus just enough to pull 5500rpm shift points. I upgraded to the 454 throttle body because I was down to 88kpa at 5200rpm, now the motor is over 95kpa at 5500+ rpm(not that I need it there). If I was going with different heads I probably would have went for the comp cam, but I do love Isky grinds. I use them in race motors with excellent results.

BLG