Quote Originally Posted by jrhoades001 View Post
Only cars I can sit on the fender well to change the plugs!!
Absolutely HATE working on Fords especially modular motors. The engineering is attrocious and the simple act of lining the timing marks up to pull a 4.6 timing chain took a solid hour. Not to mention spark plug changes are done after lots of praying and depending on the year have to keep either a rethread tool or extractor tool handy. I had to change an oil pan once on a rusty norther 5.8L powered E150. Damn near impossible. Eventually ended up removing the upper plenum and jacking the engine up as high as possible. The Chevy van and Express pans slide right out with a little rocking of the crank. FWD stuff can be tight but not all that bad. Import stuff is also not too bad. I put headers on my 4x4 Titan when I had it and once I figured out it was easy to remove the front differential to open up access to the motor mount bolts it was a breeze to do. I bought a nice set of swivel head ratchet wrenches and black oxide deep impact sockets. for that job from Northern Tools. Liked them so well I had to go back and pickup a set of each in SAE.