Thread: LT1 ECM 16188051 repair source?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    Personally I have spent sooo much time fussing with the LT1 PCM, they aren't worth it. But alas, I keep on....

Doing 3 PCM's tonight....

I have tons of sockets if someone is trying to socket their PCM. I bought a few hundred 10 years ago and used 6 or so of them since!

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesofThunder View Post
    Personally I have spent sooo much time fussing with the LT1 PCM, they aren't worth it. But alas, I keep on....

Doing 3 PCM's tonight....

I have tons of sockets if someone is trying to socket their PCM. I bought a few hundred 10 years ago and used 6 or so of them since!
    what programmer are you using? want to sell some PLCC-32 sockets?

Electronic Ignition!
    He uses the TL 866CS and works good for him, I did get mine to work when He sent them back to me and I pull the files off and I can do other chips also. But Im going to a different programmer when I get the $270 saved up so I don't have issues of doing RAW data.

But do you the data put on the chips? If he doesn't respond, I have some chips and how many pairs do you need? PM him cause I don't want to take away business from him and if he doesn't I have his email or I can sell you what you need.

my email is bigtoyz@itctel.com if you need his email, I'm not going to post his with out knowing if he wants it out there or not.

Electronic Ignition!
    Aw never mind read your post wrong....sockets not chips....yesterday was a rough day.

Fuel Injected!
    Can anyone give me some type of procedure for flashing the chips with the minipro tl866? I just purchased one after socketing my pcm. I have both of the bootable images needed to flash to the chips, but every time i try i get "ERROR! Address: 0x000100 Buffer data: 0x18 Verify: 0x00"

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_b View Post
    Can anyone give me some type of procedure for flashing the chips with the minipro tl866? I just purchased one after socketing my pcm. I have both of the bootable images needed to flash to the chips, but every time i try i get "ERROR! Address: 0x000100 Buffer data: 0x18 Verify: 0x00"

Make sure your look at post #29 of this thread.

Electronic Ignition!
    Do a search on you tube and it kind of walks it through it. It works for Ed as you've read and I have same issues as you do. Ed is a great guy maybe he will do for you what he did for me. Send him your chips and the files for each side. And once you get them back I bet you will be able to read them and burn them. And once you pull a copy off save them as your master copy. And they are reusable so DON'T throw them away. You can erase them and make them full usable again. If you need a second set I have a pair if Ed doesn't want to sell a set. That way you can have a back up ready if needed, and them just reload them with master set.

once your done with your tune you can just slip them back in the programmer and keep a recent copy of what you've done.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks bigtoyz, Ed was actually able to solve my problem. I used a spacer in the minipro socket as he suggested and it worked like a charm, no more error messages!