Thread: EFI fun - Hello

Fuel Injected!

EFI fun - Hello

Hey there,

I've got two project cars I'm losing my mind with at the moment. For those interested I'll create some project threads with pics for each one.

1. 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Limo (aka Black Betty) - Pulled out the incredibly crappy 135hp 4.1L V8 and shoveled in a 1994 LT1 with a 4L60E transmission. I'm sure someone is scratching their head wondering, "Why heck a '94 LT1? Optispark? Really?" Answer: Well, that's what my budget could afford ($800), and that's what was available in LA for the price at the time. After a full rebuild, the engine runs like a top, but I'm having some transmission shifting issues at the moment that I can't sort out. Think I'm over my head on this one.

2. 1969 Datsun 510 - My dad was first owner/ my first car. Fully resto'd in 2000. Has a souped-up 2.2L with individual throttle bodies, Electromotive Tec II EFI, 4.11 LSD, coilovers, kept the hubcaps, etc. Sleeper with full race car bits underneath. Great fun, when it's running. The ECU died a few months ago. Trying to figure out what replacement I should go with when I find the cash.

That's it for the moment. Looking forward to checking out everyone's the threads!

Best,
    Cory

Fuel Injected!
    Welcome to the forum. Sound like interesting projects. Start a new thread in the efi section describing the transmission issues and any other questions you have and the crew here will do our best to help you out.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Buddrow, will do!