Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I think the Edelbrock binary (.bin) file is not for the 16197427 computer, it's only 32K in size? The 16197427 .bin file is 64K in size. Can you post the definition file (.xdf) you are using with the Edelbrock .bin file?

The MPFI conversion is not easy for a beginner. Generally, the MPFI conversion is not the first ever experience someone starts off with. Generally, a beginner will start off with a completely stock or nearly stock engine with a completely stock binary (.bin) to learn TunerPro and learn the parameters of the .bin file. The learning curve you have set out for yourself, by choosing to do a MPFI conversion as your first .bin has put you on an extremely steep or nearly vertical uphill learning curve.

Myself and other members here at gearhead-efi.com can provide compen$ated help if you would like to go that route? Maybe it would be a good plan for you to get the help of a "hired gun" to get you up to speed and help you build confidence?

dave w
Yes I have limited experience. Right now a converted 350 Vortec with 454 TBI, adapter, modified 4 barrel manifold on an engine stand with somewhat tuned 7427 ECU. Using early build APU1 and 27SF512 Flash Memory Chips and Moates G1 adapter. Second, tuned 1995 350 C1500 pickup. Smoothed the VE fuel map and it runs near stoic most of the time. Also at the earliest, modified a 454 big block to 489 cuin and installed Edelbrock Intake (batch fire MPFI) and fuel pump. Have had some exposure at tuning TBI/MPFI systems. Would like to learn more about tuning with TunerPro. In post number 65, you provided a sample from the Constants variables.

What is really of concern is, from what is seen in TunerPro with either the 1994-1995 0D or 0E broadcast codes, the sample injector FLOW RATES in the PDF file(s) are not included in the Scalers, Flags or Tables. In the scalars portion, under engine constants, there are listings for CPI, TBI and MPFI. Yet how is MPFI Selected?

I understand that I could pay you to come up with a binary file. How much would it cost? Yet I would like to learn how to do same. It is becoming obvious that TunerPro is a high level front end wherein changes to one variable will change an associated Byte or Word in the Binary file. To me, it is a matter of interpretation of the terms of reference being used when speaking of variables in TunerPro.

I just received a breakout board for the purpose of bench testing the ECU to see what happenes when changing certain variables in TunerPro. Already have the ECU connectors, with pig tails, for the 7427. Now it is a matter of connecting the pigtails to the breakout. Already have purchased MegaSquirt Stimulator Kit which should be here next week. Then assemble same. Then connect the breakout to the Stimulator and ECU. Am experienced in electronics (38+ years in Aviation Electronics) and this should not be that hard to do.