Thread: Opinions on OBDII auto tuning software

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Hi Ed,

Glad to see you on this Forum, your input and expertise will be greatly appreciated. I trust your Florida retirement is going well (lucky SOB !).

This line of discussion is essentially the Chevy versus Ford, Coke versus Pepsi, etc. dialogue. Much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is the perceived "use" of a given tuning software.

So I will toss in my highly biased two cents !

You will find there are people on this Forum who delve into the raw Hex, looking for undiscovered parameters which are specific to their individual tuning needs. Both EFILive and Tunercat allow the user to add their own parameters to the software - HPT does not. This difference alone severely limits HPT's usefulness to me.
    Going well...working harder than ever though with the new business. Passed my 1 year anniversary for ERM Performance Tuning and 2 years retired.....Hope all is well with you. Retirement and the move to Florida, though great, hasn't been quite what we expected what with caring for Karin's parents....but still better than killing myself in that high stress job on Long Island...and we get to see the kids when ever we want to :-)

I have obviously stumbled into a sandbox where I am not qualified to play :-). I came here a couple of weeks ago because I was Googling an FPCM issue and found a thread here...needed to register to see the attachments, so I did. After being here a while and your assistance, I see this is more slanted for the tuners who are pushing the envelope and doing things that aren't provided by the vanilla providers Like HP Tuners. I knew that Live had the .cax feature and poked around a bit, but never had the time or need to delve deeper.

With that in mind I'll temper my participation until I either get smarter....or thrown out :-) Whichever comes first :-)

Ed M
    Last edited by ERM Performance Tuning; 07-17-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Google and HP Tuners makes me the smartest man in the world

www.ermperformancetuning.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNy...g7mEF6HyfR1a7Q -- Subscribe and Like

Tuning, Training and Tutorials