Sorry to read about your key board ony. Not sure if my typing would be readable if my delete button did not work. Thank you for the effort.

Tried some new stuff tonight and got some interesting results.

Is it accurate to check your timing with a timing light while it is cranking?
I unplugged the bypass wire from the megasquirt so there should be no timing advance; however, I can't get it to start and run like that so I put the timing light on it while it is cranking and trying to start. If this is accurate then it means I am about 15-20 degrees retarded. The other night I took the valve cover off and distrib. cap off and rotated the flywheel twice to go through all 4 strokes. I verified that the distrib. was pointing in the right direction for when the valves were working and the timing marks were lined up. However, I don't know if that is specific enough.
Does anyone know a good way to get this timing lined up? The only way I can think requires three people. One to crank, one to hold the timing light, and one to turn the distributor.

Deciding to throw caution to the wind (being a frustrated newbie at this), I changed the spark table so it would have radically different advance seeing as it was normally reading 20 degrees I set it so 800 rpm would be the 20 degrees instead of its 1200. Well all the megasquirt did was increase the advance to 33 degrees and it started at 1200 rpm again. Thinking that the base timing is not correct, the only other issue I can see is my required fuel may be too high.

Thank makes me wonder about my injectors and try to figure out what their flow rate is.

Megasquirt is really frustrating me and I am thinking about converting the harness back to using the 7477 ecm.

Sorry for the long post, any thoughts?