Handyman, I've considered an ECM-PCM upgrade as well. It definitely does require repinning the connectors (and of course a change to different types of connectors). That's easy enough to do, but the reason I haven't done it yet is due to needing to get to work every day. At some point in the near future I'll take it down to a terminal strip so I can run both plugs so I can test one or the other module with just plugging it in. Once I have the PCM working, I'll be able to solder everything and tuck it back under the dash.

I just conquered a pretty major exhaust leak (why, oh why, do I always put manifolds on the engine AFTER it's back in the vehicle?). I'm having an issue with manifold bolts backing out, so I will be upgrading to safety-wire drilled exhaust manifold bolts soon. For now I have hardeneed flat washers, lock washers, loctite Blue, and red RTV on the job. They appear to be doing the job well, as I have no exhaust leaks at present. If the red RTV should fail, I'll go to the copper stuff when I do the lockwire, and never deal with it again.

Of course, the y-pipe from the 4.3 I cobbled into 5.7 duty, has rust perforation.. and I am not a fan of coping exhaust tubing. So I'm going to run true duals down the passenger side, with the mufflers stood on end. Normally there would be concerns with heat due to closer proximity to the body- but I'm running a 2" body lift to clear the tranny (I pushed the 5.7 back as far as I possibly could), and those Airbake cookie sheets at Walmart make *fantastic* muffler/catcon heat shields. ;)