Thread: BLMs say rich, but WBO2 and NBO2 and surging all say lean - what gives?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Faintest of surging the other day, so I added 10% more INT Delay Base, but it became ever so slightly worse, so I put it back and took 10% out, and it was a lot worse. I put THAT back, and then added 2%. It looks like I'm narrowing in on where it wants to be.

Also tweaking the Accel Enrichment because I'm not sure the fueling is expecting the large bore Holley TBI unit. I needed less at slow TPS change, because I'm running a vacuum-referenced fuel pressure regulator which goes to 18psi at zero vacuum (lose vacuum and you get MORE fuel than you were expecting). Certainly needed more at higher larger MAP Delta since the throttles are so big, which I added. Hopefully get rid of this occasional lean "POP" through the intake when I snap the throttle.

Fixed a surging idle in gear (a tick more fuel, but really the IAC was too active) and I suspect the Idle Fast Adjust Threshold was too sensitive, so I increased Underspeed to 125rpm (stock is 50), and Idle Minimum RPM Error to 75 (stock is 12.5). Seems better. I will likely be proven wrong.

Either the tune is a lot better, or the tires are going off - I'm getting more wheelspin. I like that.
    Last edited by SkinnyG; 09-09-2018 at 01:37 AM.